KU LEUVEN MASTERS SCHOLARSHIPS
KU LEUVEN MASTERS SCHOLARSHIPS
Motivated and talented international students interested in participating in an international master programme of the Faculty of Science of the KU Leuven are invited to apply for a scholarship.
For the following masters you can apply for the Scholarship :
- Master of Chemistry
- Master of Geography
- Interuniversity Master of Geology (only students applying for the specialisation Geodynamics and Georesources or Surface processes and Paleoenvironments can apply for the scholarship. Students applying for the other specialisations (enrollment at Ghent University) will not be considered for the scholarship.)
- Master of Physics
- Master of Statistics
Students applying for the QASS-programme of the Master of Statistics are excluded from the Science@Leuven Scholarship, since this programme requires a master diploma.
Do not apply for the Scholarship if you are interested in another Master Programme. Your application will not be considered.
Deadline Application procedure
Only applications that have been submitted (with the International Office and registered on the website of the scholarship) before 15th of February will be considered for the scholarship.
Time Path Selection procedure
- 1st of March till end of March:
research if all the requirements for admission to the Master programme have been met.
- Beginning of April:
Research if all the requirements for application for the scholarship have been met.
- From mid-April till end of April
The Selection committee makes a ranking of the students who have been selected for the Scholarship.
- Beginning of May
The Board of the Science@Leuven Fund awards the scholarships and the students are being notified of their status.
The amount of the scholarship can be up to 10.000 Euro for 1 year. The Board of the Science@Leuven Fund will decide exactly how much a scholarship will be. The scholarship will always cover the tuition fee for 1 year, the insurance and a basic health insurance coverage. The amount awarded for living expenses can vary.
If a student is awarded the full scholarship of 10.000 Euro, it is still advisable to bring some extra money. You can find an overview of costs to be expected here .
Most master programmes of the Faculty of Science are two-year programmes. The scholarship for the second master year will only be continued on the condition that the student had outstanding results the first master year.
How To Apply
- Apply for the master programme of your choice through the application tool of the KU Leuven. Please read the application instructions carefully.
- upload the following information via the KU Leuven application tool:
- a complete list of course titles for which you have obtained a credit. Indicate the course size (in ECTS-credits) and the result you obtained, preferably according to the ECTS-scale; if a different scale is used, please provide a summary explanation on the meaning of the scores;
- provide a short (about one half to one page) description for the courses from your previous/current programme that you deem most relevant as a preparation for the master programme that you are considering. Describe the courses according to the standard guidelines for an ECTS-study guide (example).
- two reference letters of internationally renowned professors;
- a letter of motivation for the programme.
- When you have completed and submitted your application for the master’s programme, you will get a message on the screen that you succesfully submitted the application.
- IMPORTANT! Take a screen shot of this message. You will have to upload the screenshot when you register for the Science@Leuven Scholarship.
- Apply for the Science@Leuven Scholarship via this link.
- your registration is complete after you have received an email stating that you have been registered for the Science@Leuven Scholarship.