Masters And PhD Scholarship Oppurtunity At GRIPS Japan
Table of Contents
GRIPS Japan Scholarship
Application procedures differ by program. Some programs require that you apply directly to GRIPS whereas others require that you apply through a sponsoring organization. Please see below for how to apply to each program. GRIPS Japan Scholarship
For details about each program, go to Degree Programs.
For information concerning funding including scholarships, go to Fees & Tuition Expenses.
For deadlines, see Application Deadlines by Program.
Online Application (directly to GRIPS)
Online applications for 2021-2022 admission are now open.
To apply for any of the following programs, download our Online Application Guide 2021-2022 and follow the 3 steps listed below.
- One-year Master‘s Program of Public Policy (MP1)
- Two-year Master’s Program of Public Policy (MP2)
- Macroeconomic Policy Program (MEP) (One year Program or Two year Program) for externally funded or self-financed applicants only
- Public Finance Program (PF)
At this moment, the World Bank has not yet informed us of the availability of the 2021/22 JJ/WBGSP (the World Bank scholarship, open to students in the Tax Course of GRIPS’ Public Finance Program). We will announce the availability as soon as the WB informs us.
Five-year Ph.D. Program (minimum 3 years)
- Policy Analysis Program (PA)
Three-year Ph.D. Programs
- GRIPS Global Governance Program (G-cube)
- Security and International Studies Program (SISP)
- Science, Technology and Innovation Policy Program (STI)
Step 0 Online Application Guide
Download our Online Application Guide 2021-2022 and read it carefully.
Step 1 Online Entry Form
Fill out and submit the Online Entry Form. The Admissions Office will send you an ID and a password by e-mail.
Step 2 Online Application Form
Use your ID and password to access GRIPS’ portal, G-way. Complete and submit the Online Application Form.
Step 3 Supporting documents
Send the required supporting documents to the Admissions Office by post.
Paper-based Application (directly to GRIPS)
To apply for any of the following programs, download the application guide and form below
- Economics, Planning and Public Policy Program (EPP): PDF Word （2021-2022 now open）
- Maritime Safety and Security Policy Program (MSP) for externally funded or self-financed international applicants only: PDF Word （2021-2022 now open）
- Disaster Management Program – Ph.D. (DM): PDF Word （2021-2022 now open）
Apply through the sponsoring organization
Contact the relevant sponsoring organization for further details.
|Young Leaders Program (YLP)||Embassy of Japan|
|Macroeconomic Policy Program (MEP)||IMF Regional Office for Asia and the Pacific|
|Disaster Management Policy Program (DMP)||JICA Office or Embassy of Japan|
|Maritime Safety and Security Policy Program (MSP)||JICA Office|