Harvard University – Mahindra Humanities Fellowship
Table of Contents
Mahindra Humanities Center Postdoctoral Fellowship
The Mahindra Humanities Center invites applications for one-year postdoctoral fellowships in connection with the Center’s Andrew W. Mellon Foundation seminar on the topic of migration and the humanities.
Join your social media group to get frequent updates on Scholarships
|Title||2020-21 Mahindra Humanities Center Postdoctoral Fellow|
|School||Faculty of Arts and Sciences|
|Department/Area||Mahindra Humanities Center|
|Basic Qualifications||Applicants for 2020-21 fellowships must have received a doctorate or terminal degree in or after May 2017. Applicants without a doctorate or terminal degree must demonstrate that they have completed all requirements for a terminal degree (i.e. dissertation defense) by August 1, 2020. International scholars outside the United States are appointed under either the J-1 visa (Research Scholar status) or F-1 OPT (Optional Practical Training), depending on their circumstances. If awarded a fellowship, the term of appointment for international scholars is September 1, 2020-August 31, 2021. The Mahindra Center reserves the right to cancel awards if the recipient is unable to meet these conditions of completion and visa status.
The application deadline for applicants to submit their materials is November 15, 2019. The deadline for receipt of letters of recommendation is December 6, 2019.
|Special Instructions||In addition to biographical and professional information, applicants are asked to submit:
1. A curriculum vitae.
2. A statement of the research project (1,000-3,000 words) that provides a detailed description of what the applicant proposes to do during the fellowship year.
3. One chapter- or article-length writing sample (no longer than 40 pages).
4. Names and contact information of three referees, who will be asked by a system-generated email to upload a letter of recommendation once the candidate’s application has been submitted. Three letters of recommendation are required, and the application is considered complete only when three letters have been received. Recommendations may be those included in the applicant’s placement dossier, but they must specifically address the proposed research project. Letters should be uploaded to the electronic application. The deadline for receipt of letters is December 6, 2019.
Please contact Dr. Andrea Volpe, firstname.lastname@example.org with questions about applying for a fellowship.
|Contact Information||Dr. Andrea Volpe
Mahindra Humanities Center at Harvard
12 Quincy Street
Cambridge, MA 02138
|Equal Opportunity Employer||We are an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation, pregnancy and pregnancy-related conditions or any other characteristic protected by law.|
|Minimum Number of References Required||3|
|Maximum Number of References Allowed||3|
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Dissertation title or topic(Open Ended Question)
- * In 1-2 sentences, please provide a description of the project you propose to undertake as a postdoctoral fellow at the Mahindra Center.(Open Ended Question)
- * Please indicate your current institutional affiliation and position. In addition, please list any fellowships and research support that you have been granted during the past 5 years, including the source of support, amount, grant period, and purpose of the grant.(Open Ended Question)
- Curriculum Vitae
- Statement of Research
- Writing Sample
More PhD Opportunities
Keywords: harvard postdoctoral fellowship, mellon postdoctoral fellowship, humanities postdocs 2020, mahindra center address, migration and the humanities harvard society of fellows, humanities postdocs 2019, mahindra humanities center wiki