MEXT (UR) Scholarship – 100% tution fee + 144k JPY Per Month
Table of Contents
MEXT (UR) Scholarship
To be considered for this scholarship, applicants must first apply to APU. APU will then select eligible candidates to recommend to the scholarship organization.
About the Scholarship
This scholarship is awarded to outstanding international students who are recommended by APU. The Japanese Ministry of Education, Culture, Sports, Science and Technology (MEXT) provides this scholarship with the aim of enhancing the international competitiveness and promoting the active exchange of international students in Japanese universities.
- 1.Intend to study abroad in Japan from overseas
- 2.Not have Japanese nationality and be a national of a country that has diplomatic relations with Japan
- 3.Be born on or after April 2, 1986
- 4.Have achieved a GPA of at least 2.30 on a 3.00 scale at their most recent university
- Those who are serving on active military duty or civilians employed by the military at the time of application are not eligible for this scholarship.
- Recipients must be able to arrive in Japan during the arrival period stipulated by APU.
- Those who apply for this scholarship cannot have received a MEXT scholarship in the past unless they have more than 3 years of educational research experience after the final payment of the previous MEXT scholarship award.
- Those who apply for this scholarship cannot be applying for another MEXT scholarship.
- Recipients of this scholarship cannot receive a scholarship from another scholarship organization while studying at APU.
- Recipients of this scholarship must have “student” as their status of residence (visa status) in Japan.
- 100% of tuition (covered by the APU Tuition Reduction Scholarship)
- 144,000 JPY per month for living expenses (amount subject to change)
- Economy class air travel between the home country and APU at the beginning and end of the program
Application and Selection Process
- 1.Submit the APU application by November 18, 2020 (for September 2021 Enrollment). Additional documents are not required to be considered for this scholarship.
- 2.APU reviews application documents and selects outstanding candidates to recommend to MEXT.
- 3.Applicants selected to be recommended for this scholarship are notified with their final APU application results.
- 4.Selected applicants complete and submit additional MEXT application documents to APU.
- 5.The final scholarship award results are decided by MEXT.