Fulbright-Nehru Postdoctoral Research Fellowships 2020
Table of Contents
Fulbright Nehru Postdoctoral Research Fellowships 2020
Fulbright-Nehru Postdoctoral Research Fellowships is one of several Fulbright Research Scholarship that is offered in India. It is designed for Indian faculty and researchers who are in the early stages of their research careers in India. Fulbright Fellowships will provide opportunities to talented faculty and researchers to strengthen their research capacities.
Fulbright Fellow will have access to some of the finest resources in their areas of interest and will help build long-term collaborative relationships with U.S. faculty and institutions. These fellowships are for eight to 24 months.
Postdoctoral fellows will have access to some of the finest resources in their areas of interest and will help build long-term collaborative relationships with U.S. faculty and institutions. These fellowships are for eight to 24 months.
Applications are invited in the following fields only: Agricultural Sciences; Anthropology; Bioengineering; Climate Change Sciences, Computer Science (including, but not limited to, cyber security, digital economy, quantum computing, artificial intelligence, machine learning and big data analytics); Economics; Education Policy and Planning; Energy Studies; History; International Law; International Security and Strategic Studies; Materials Science (with emphasis on environmental applications); Mathematical Sciences; Neurosciences; Performing Arts; Physical Sciences; Public Health; Public Policy; Sociology; Urban and Regional Planning (with emphasis on smart cities and waste management); Visual Arts; and Women’s and Gender Studies.
The applicant will be affiliated to ONLY one U.S. host institution for his/her grant. USIEF strongly recommends all applicants to identify institutions with which they wish to be affiliated and to correspond, in advance, with potential host institutions. The letter of invitation should indicate the duration of your visit, preferably with dates. If the applicant has secured a letter of invitation from a U.S. institution, it should be included as a part of the online application.
These fellowships provide J-1 visa support, a monthly stipend, Accident and Sickness Program for Exchanges per U.S. Government guidelines, round-trip economy class air travel, a modest settling-in allowance, and a professional allowance. Subject to availability of funds, a dependent allowance and international travel may be provided for one accompanying eligible dependent provided the dependent is with the grantee in the U.S. for at least 80 per cent of the grant period.
In addition to the General Prerequisites:
- the applicant must have a Ph.D. or a DM degree within the past four years. S/he must have obtained Ph.D. degree between July 16, 2016 and July 15, 2020. The applicant is required to upload his/her Ph.D. or DM degree/provisional certificate on the online application;
- the applicant must be published in reputed journals and demonstrate evidence of superior academic and professional achievement. S/he must upload a recent significant publication (copy of paper/article) on the online application; and
- If applicant is employed, please follow the instructions carefully regarding Letter of Support from Home Institution. If applicable, please obtain the endorsement from the appropriate administrative authority on the FNPostdoc Letter of Support from Home Institution. The employer must indicate that leave will be granted for the fellowship period. The applicant can download the FNPostdoc Letter of Support from Home Institution from the USIEF website. Candidates working under government-funded projects are also required to get endorsement from their affiliating institutions in India.
Note: In the application, the applicant is required to indicate the period in which s/he can complete the proposed project in the United States. The applicant must determine grant duration carefully. Should s/he be selected for a grant, it will be for the period specified in his/her application. The duration cannot be changed.
How to Apply
- Applications must be submitted online at: https://apply.iie.org/fvsp2021
- Please carefully review the FNPostdoc Applicant Instructions before starting your online application
- Please refer to FNPostdoc Applicant Checklist before submitting the application
- In addition, you must complete and upload the following documents on your online application FNPostdoc Applicant Annexure
Application Due Date: July 15, 2020, 23:59:59 hrs (IST)
Timeline and Placement Process
|July 15, 2020||Application due date for 2021-2022 awards|
|September 2020||Field-specific experts review applications to short-list candidates|
|End September 2020||USIEF informs the applicants about the review outcome|
|End October 2020||National interviews of short-listed candidates in Delhi|
|Early November 2020||USIEF notifies principal and alternate nominees that they are recommended|
|December 2020||USIEF forwards applications of recommended candidates to the U.S. for J. William Fulbright Foreign Scholarship Board (FFSB) approval and placement|
|March-April 2021||USIEF notifies finalists|
|May 2021||Pre-Departure Orientation|
|August-September 2021||Program begins|
You can apply for only ONE Fulbright-Nehru fellowship category during a competition cycle.
Plagiarism in the application will lead to disqualification.
Unless otherwise specified, Fulbright-Nehru applications are to be submitted online.
Application received after the deadline will NOT be considered.
Extensions and transfer of visa sponsorship will not be permitted
Keywords : fulbright nehru scholarship 2020, fulbright postdoctoral fellowship salary, nehru fulbright postdoctoral fellowship 2020, fulbright scholarship, fulbright scholarship 2020-21, fulbright scholarship 2021-2022