New Zealand Commonwealth Scholarships 2020 (Masters/PhD Level)
Table of Contents
New Zealand Commonwealth Scholarships 2020
About New Zealand Commonwealth Scholarship
- New Zealand Commonwealth Scholarships are prestigious scholarships that recognize New Zealand’s history and ties to the Commonwealth
- Our Commonwealth Scholarships are part of the Commonwealth Scholarship and Fellowship Plan (CSFP) – an international program under which Commonwealth countries offer scholarships and fellowships to citizens of other Commonwealth States
- NZ Commonwealth Scholarships are funded by the New Zealand Aid Program, the New Zealand Government’s overseas aid and development program
- They are managed by the New Zealand Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Trade (MFAT)
Who is eligible?
New Zealand Commonwealth Scholarships are available to citizens of these countries in the Commonwealth:
Botswana, Cameroon, Ghana, Kenya, Lesotho, Malawi, Mauritius, Mozambique, Namibia, Nigeria, Rwanda, Sierra Leone, South Africa, Swaziland, Tanzania, Uganda, Zambia.
Belize, Dominica, Grenada, Guyana, Jamaica, St Lucia, St Vincent and the Grenadines.
Bangladesh, India, Pakistan, Sri Lanka, Malaysia.
Cook Islands, Fiji, Kiribati, Nauru, Niue, Papua New Guinea, Samoa, Solomon Islands, Tonga, Tuvalu, Vanuatu.
You can visit the New Zealand Foreign Affairs and Trade website to check eligibility.
How do I apply?
Value of Scholarship:
- The entitlements of the Scholarship include full tuition fees, a living allowance (paid fortnightly), an establishment allowance, medical and travel insurance, travel between applicant’s home country and academic support at applicant’s institution, and assistance with research and thesis costs for most postgraduate research students
- Please visit at – https://www.mfat.govt.nz/en/aid-anddevelopment/scholarships/what-you-get-with-a-new-zealand-scholarship/
Scholarships are available for pursuing Master’s or PhD studies in New Zealand
|Africa||Botswana, Cameroon, Ghana, Kenya, Lesotho, Malawi, Mauritius, Mozambique, Namibia, Nigeria, Rwanda, Sierra Leone, South Africa, Swaziland, Tanzania, Uganda, Zambia.|
|Caribbean||Belize, Dominica, Grenada, Guyana, Jamaica, St Lucia, St Vincent and the Grenadines.|
|Asia||Bangladesh, India, Pakistan, Sri Lanka, Malaysia.|
|Pacific||Cook Islands, Fiji, Kiribati, Nauru, Niue, Papua New Guinea, Samoa, Solomon Islands, Tonga, Tuvalu, Vanuatu.|
|Application Group||Eligible countries||Form type||Dates|
|Group 1||A: Algeria, Angola, Antigua and Barbuda, Argentina
B: Bahamas, Barbados, Belize, Bolivia, Botswana, Brazil
C: Cambodia, Colombia, Costa Rica, Cuba
D: Djibouti, Dominica, Dominican Republic
E: Ecuador, Egypt, El Salvador, Eswatini, Ethiopia
G: Ghana, Grenada, Guatemala, Guyana
H-K: Haiti, Honduras, Indonesia, Jamaica, Jordan, Kenya
L: Lao PDR, Lesotho
M: Malawi, Malaysia, Micronesia (Federated States of Micronesia, Marshall Islands, Palau), Mauritius, Mexico, Mongolia, Morocco, Mozambique, Myanmar
N: Namibia, Nauru, Nepal, Nicaragua, Nigeria, Niue
P-R: Panama, Papua New Guinea, Paraguay, Peru, Philippines, Rwanda
S: St Kitts and Nevis, St Lucia, St Vincent and the Grenadines, Samoa (Open Category), Senegal, Solomon Islands, South Africa, Suriname
T: Tanzania, Thailand, Timor Leste, Tonga, Trinidad and Tobago, Tunisia, Tuvalu
U-Z: Uganda, Vanuatu, Venezuela, Viet Nam, Zambia, Zimbabwe
|Apply online only||Opens: Saturday 1 February 2020, 12.01 am NZ Time.
Closes: Friday 28 February 2020, 12.00 pm NZ Time.
|Group 2||Kiribati||Paper applications can be collected from the New Zealand High Commission.
Applications must be submitted to the New Zealand High Commission.
New Zealand High Commission
PO Box 53
Tel: +686 21400
Fax: +686 21402
|Opens: Monday 10 February 2020, 9.00 am local time.
Closes: Friday 20 March 2020 4.00 pm local time.
|Group 3||Samoa (Foundation)||Unique process||Dates will be confirmed by April 2020|
|Group 4||Commonwealth countries||Unique process with paper form||Opens: Monday 3 February 2020, 12.01 am NZ Time.
Closes: Friday 27 March 2020, 12.00 pm NZ Time.
More from the Author
- Inlakhs Scholarship for Indian 2020
- Google PhD Scholarship for India, China, Australia and East Asia 2019
- Download Originpro crack version
- Scientific events without registration fee
- 10 most liked books from Amazon below 100 INR
- Travel grants for Indian researchers
- Google search tips to help in your research
Keywords: new zealand commonwealth scholarships 2020, new zealand commonwealth scholarship india, new zealand scholarship, how to apply for new zealand scholarship, new zealand scholarships for international students 2020, new zealand commonwealth scholarship 2019, pakistan commonwealth scholarship 2020, new zealand development scholarship 2020