Fully Funded La Trobe University Scholarship
La Trobe University Scholarship
La Trobe University Graduate Research Scholarships are open to citizens of all countries including Australia and New Zealand. The University will prioritize applicants who have attained at least the equivalent of a first-class honors degree at an Australian university or recognized overseas university.
Per annum, for three and a half years. Fee relief additional.
Who is it for?
Future graduate researchers, Future PhD candidates, Graduate researchers
Where is it available?
Melbourne, Albury-Wodonga, Bendigo, City, Mildura, Shepparton, Franklin Street
How is it paid?
The closing date for applications is 30 September for international applicants and 31 October for Australian and New Zealand citizens and Australian Permanent Residents.
Applications for the mid-year scholarship round open in February. The mid-year round closing date is 31 March for international applicants and 30 April for Australian and New Zealand citizens and Australian Permanent Residents.
These scholarships are normally available for full-time research Masters or doctoral candidates. LTGRS scholarships are competitive and are based on academic merit and a consideration of targeted areas of research strength at the University.
Benefits of the scholarship
- a La Trobe Research Scholarship for up to three and a half (3.5 years) years for a doctoral degree or 22 months for a Masters by research, with a value of $28,092 per annum (2020 rate)
- a fee-relief scholarship for up to four years to undertake a doctoral degree or two years to undertake a Masters by research at La Trobe University
- opportunities to work with La Trobe’s outstanding researchers, and have access to our suite of professional development programs
Are you eligible to apply?
To be eligible to apply for this scholarship, applicants must:
- meet the entrance requirements for the proposed course
- not be receiving another scholarship greater than 75 per cent of the stipend rate for the same purpose.
In selecting successful applicants, we prioritise applications from candidates who:
- will be enrolled full-time and undertaking their research at a La Trobe University campus
- for Doctoral research scholarships, have completed a Masters by Research or other significant body of research, such lead authorship of a research thesis or peer-reviewed publication, assessed at a La Trobe Masters by research standard of 75 or above
- for Masters by research scholarships, have attained the equivalent of a first class honours degree at an Australian university or equivalent from a recognised overseas university
- for some scholarships, are Australian or New Zealand citizens or Australian permanent residents
How to apply
Applications for the next round open on 1 August 2020. A full list of available projects and details of how to apply will be available here from the opening date.
Who to contact for further information
Graduate Research School, email@example.com