Jawaharlal Nehru PhD Scholarships 2020
JAWAHARLAL NEHRU SCHOLARSHIPS FOR DOCTORAL STUDIES
Jawaharlal Nehru Scholarship for 2020 is out. It is funded by ‘The Jawaharlal Nehru Memorial Fund’ that came into being when a National Committee consisting of 110 members was convened in New Delhi on 17 August 1964 under the Chairmanship of Dr S. Radhakrishnan, then President of India.
CATEGORIES OF SCHOLARSHIPS
The scholarships are available for Ph.D. study in India to the following categories of students:
- Indian Nationals
- Nationals of other Asian countries
Join our social media group to get frequent updates on Scholarships
AREAS OF SPECIALIZATION/SUBJECT
A candidate may apply for scholarship in any one of the following areas of specialisation:
- Indian History and Civilization
- Comparative Studies in Religion & Culture
- Ecology & Environment
At the time of making the application for scholarship, a candidate should
- Hold a FIRST Class Post-graduate degree with a minimum 60% marks in aggregate in both graduate and post graduate level,
- Already be registered/admitted for Ph.D. degree with a recognized University/Institution in India. Those who have applied for registration and have not yet been registered at the time of submission of application, are not eligible to apply,
- Not be above 35 years of age,
- Be a full-time Ph.D. Scholar
DURATION OF SCHOLARSHIP
up to 2 years.
VALUE OF SCHOLARSHIP FOR BOTH THE CATEGORIES
- Maintenance allowance including Tuition fee – Rs.18,000 per month
- Contingent expenses for study tours within India, purchase of books, stationery, etc. – Rs.15,000 per annum
Completed application form together with all the necessary enclosures should reach Administrative Secretary, Jawaharlal Nehru Memorial Fund, Teen Murti House, New Delhi-110011 on or before 31 May. The candidates are advised to send their applications as soon as possible. The Fund will not be responsible for any postal delays in reaching the application by the due date.
The Selection Committee’s decision to call a candidate for interview or select a candidate for scholarship will be final and no representation in this regard will be entertained.
1) A passport size photograph of the applicant to be pasted on the form.
2) A synopsis of the proposed project as per the attached format.
3) Doctoral Monitoring Committee’s report or Supervisor’s report/recommendations.
4) Postal Order/Demand Draft for Rs.100.
5) Ph.D registration certificate.
Incomplete and unsigned forms are liable to be rejected.
The Application Form for Jawaharlal Nehru Scholarships can be downloaded from the website.
The amount of Rs.100 is to be paid by Postal Order/Demand Draft drawn in favour of “Jawaharlal Nehru Memorial Fund” payable at New Delhi and should be sent along with the completed application form to reach the Fund office on or before 31 May.
Keywords: jawaharlal nehru fellowship for phd, jawaharlal nehru scholarship result, jawaharlal nehru scholarship for PhD