IMT LUCCA, Italy PhD Scholarship – 32 Positions
Call for Applications 2019/2020
Admission to IMT’s PhD Programs is competitive on an international level, with evaluation mainly focusing on past academic performance (grades) and scientific relevance to the selected Tracks. First and foremost, however, certain basic formal requirements must be met before candidates are eligible to apply. Namely, applicants must have completed and obtained a degree equivalent to at least 4 years of university studies. (Students in their final year of undergraduate study may be admitted on the condition that their degree is awarded before they enroll at IMT.)
Applications are open to candidates without regard to nationality, age, gender or religion. Proficiency in English is compulsory as research and teaching are conducted in English. No knowledge of Italian is requested. Candidates must apply via the online application form by the deadline set in the Call for Applications (April 23rd, 2019 at 12:00pm Italian time).
A university degree of at least 4 years or full time equivalent. For an Italian degree, a “Laurea Magistrale” (or “Specialistica”) or a “Laurea Vecchio Ordinamento”. For foreign degrees, eligibility will be assessed by the PhD Selection Committee.
Applicants obtaining their degree by no later than October 31st, 2019 can also apply.
Applications for the PhD Programs can only be submitted electronically. Applicants must fill out the online application form (registration required), providing personal data and attaching the required documents.
How to Apply
To apply, the applicants must submit an online application through the link: https://www.imtlucca.it/en/phd-programs/prospective-students
- As part of the application, the applicants must submit all the following required documents:
- Applicants are required to provide the names and contact information (telephone number and institutional email) of two referees
- Copy of National Identity Card or Passport
- Curriculum vitae et studiorum/resume
- Academic transcript/Diploma supplement
- Research Statement
- Applicants have to upload the documents in PDF or any other non-modifiable standard format (i.e.: JPEG, JPG, GIF). The maximum size is 3MB for each single attachment
- Applicants must have completed and obtained a degree equivalent to at least 4 years of university studies.
- Students in their final year of undergraduate study may be admitted on the condition that their degree is awarded before they enroll at IMT.
- A university degree of at least 4 years or full-time equivalent. For an Italian degree, a Laurea Magistrale (or Specialistica) or a Laurea Vecchio Ordinamento.
- Applicants obtaining their degree by no later than October 31st, 2019 can also apply.
Once admitted to the PhD Program, candidates wishing to enroll must submit the completed enrollment form to the IMT School no later than 5 days from the publication of the results, using one of the following modalities:
- In person or by post to- IMT School for Advanced Studies Lucca, PhD and Higher Education Office, Piazza S. Ponziano, 6 55100 Lucca – Italy
- By fax to +39 0583 4326565
- By certified e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
- All PhD students admitted to the Ph.D. program are exempt from paying tuition fees, although they are still responsible for paying the yearly Regional Education Tax (currently €140.00/year)
- Each Ph.D. students are offered free meals (lunch and dinner) at the on-campus canteen
- Every scholarship recipients are provided with free accommodation in shared double rooms within the campus residential facilities.
Ph.D. students at IMT enjoy the following benefits and services:
- All students admitted to the Ph.D. program are not required to pay tuition fees.
- A number of grants are available to support the participation in the program
- Grants are assigned to admit students according to the final ranking determined by the evaluation process.
- The grant is €15,343.28 per year (? €13,640.64 net/year), and can be increased by 50% during the periods spent abroad for study and research (from 2 to 9 months).
- All students who are granted a scholarship have free accommodation in shared double rooms on campus residential facilities.
- All Ph.D. students at IMT are offered free meals (lunch and dinner) at the School canteen located on campus.
- Lunch and dinner are served each day, Monday through Sunday, for the entire academic year.
- Vegetarian menus or takeaway meals are available on request through the online canteen reservation system.
- Advanced training and research at IMT, are fully integrated thanks to the high quality of its services and underlying scientific infrastructure.
- All IMT structures are located in the historical center of Lucca and make up an integrated campus for advanced studies and research.
- IMT assists students with arrival and administrative procedures (Visa, Stay Permit, Health insurance, Tax & Other).
- More information is available in the Visa, Stay Permit, Health, Tax & Other Useful Information and in Campus.
- Other Services
- All Ph.D. students have access to library facilities and can benefit from the services of the IT support staff for all technical requests related to study and research.
For any additional questions, please contact the PhD and Higher Education Office by email or by phone (+39 0583 4326597).