Fully Funded PhD scholarship – Water Chemistry and Microbiology
Table of Contents
PhD Scholarship in Australia
About this scholarship
The PhD candidate will be supervised by experts in Water Chemistry and Treatment, and Microbiology. The water chemistry part will be led by Dr Sebastien Allard, Pr Cynthia Joll and Adjunct Professor Keith Cadee (Former General Manager Water Corporation) and the microbiology part by Emeritus Pr Jean-Claude Block (university of Lorraine, France) and Pr Elizabeth Watkin. The PhD candidate will also work closely with our industrial partners (Water Corporation Western Australia).
- Future Students
- Faculty of Science & Engineering
- Science courses
- Higher Degree by Research
- Australian Citizen
- Australian Permanent Resident
- New Zealand Citizen
- Permanent Humanitarian Visa
- International Student
- Merit Based
The duration of the award shall be for three years with a maximum possible extension of up to six months (assess on a case by case basis).
• Hold an undergraduate degree in Environmental science, Chemistry, Microbiology or relevant field at a high level (honours) of academic achievement;
• Demonstrate an aptitude for research through their analytical and critical thinking skills;
• Be able to work in a team setting and take responsibility for their individual tasks;
• Be experienced in the use of digital technology and software packages;
• Possess excellent spoken and written communications skills that may be evidenced, for example, through their undergraduate thesis/project work and presentations given;
• Practise well-developed time- and self-management skills with strong personal discipline and drive in their work.
Additionally, the applicant should:
- Preferably have experience in Microbiology; and
- Preferably have experience in Water Chemistry.
Please email Dr Sebastien Allard (firstname.lastname@example.org) an expression of interest with:
- Curriculum vitae
- Academic transcripts
- A brief covering letter (no more than 2 sides A4) that addresses the eligibility criteria. The letter should explain why you are interested in the project and how your skills, attributes and experience make you a good candidate for the award.
PhD scholarship in Water Chemistry and Microbiology
Please email all enquires to Dr Sebastien Allard (email@example.com)